Friday, October 27, 2006

How Many of Me?

Noah has some interesting news. He has just found out that he does not exist.

More precisely, it's statistically unlikely that anyone in the US has the name "Noah Silbert." So it would be fairer to say that he's just a statistical freak (or a statistics freak), which could have been arrived at by other means. (A grad student who reads for fun?)

The site in question is here.

My own results were:













  Joshua Herring  
 

  • There
    are 111 people in the U.S. named Joshua Herring.


 


The interesting thing is that I actually know one of these 111 people. Or, rather, I know of him. In high school I used to get my hair cut from a woman who had another customer named Joshua Herring - and his father's name also happened to be the same as mine. What are the chances, I ask you?

(No apology has been provided for the shameless imitation of content.)

2 Comments:

At 2:46 PM, Blogger noahpoah said...

No apology necessary, of course. That's the point of this kind of silly meme, I think.

I am kind of surprised at the number of Joshua Herrings. You are considerably more probable than me. Good job.

 
At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am mildly disturbed that out of the 818,914 people named Eric only 99.63 of them are male...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home